- Free Shipping Time: 3-10 days inside the United States. (Unless faster shipping is purchased during checkout.)
- Handling Period: 1-4 days. **During peak times, the delays page will show per-product delays in our manufacturing process.
- First Responder Discount: 10% discount for law enforcement, military, and first responders. Send a picture of your credentials to 1-507-400-0490 via a text message, email Gov@AtomicDefense.com, or contact us via our website's chat system.
- International, State, and County Government Purchases: Please contact Gov@AtomicDefense.com if you don't already have an account.
- Equipment Limitations: For access to armored vehicles, ammunition, contracts, and more - contact Gov@AtomicDefense.com
Quick Comparison of Armor Types
- Our Armor: Better than Kevlar or steel. We use the more advanced, lighter, and longer lasting Polyethylene. Over 10 years in the making.
- All Body Armor in General: Retains stopping power over 5 years and degrades over time. (With proper care)
- Body Armor Standards: You'll see things like IIIA and IV across our site. These signify the stopping power of the armor. Below is a very simplified list and explanation.
- IIIA (3A) = Stops select pistol bullets - Example: 9mm & .45
- III (3) = Stops select rifle bullets - Example: 5.56 & 7.62
- IV (4) = Stops select AP (Armor-Piercing) bullets - Example: .308 AP & 7.62 API
- More Information
- Armor Materials:
- Steel = Heavy, thin, 10+ year lifespan, unsafe shattering of bullet, and cheapest to make.
- Polyethylene (PEAD) = Lightest weight, a bit more expensive, longer lasting, most effective, safest. Weight for weight, 40% stronger than kevlar and more than 10 times stronger than steel.
- Kevlar = Short 5 year lifespan, lighter than steel, very low durability.
Quick Maintenance Guide
- Safe Use: Any body armor you buy from anywhere: Use for 5 years with proper care.
- Cleaning Bulletproof Vests: Separate body armor from carrier. Begin by carefully scraping off large mud clumps. Use warm water and a soft brush to gently clean remaining stains (Only apply water to brush). Let air dry away from the sun. *Most of our vests are machine washable and you can skip this if there is a "Machine Washable" tag.*
- Cleaning Carrier Vests: Separate all parts and armor plates. Begin with carefully scraping off large mud clumps. Use warm water and a soft brush to gently clean remaining stains. Let air dry away from the sun. *Most of our vests are machine washable and you can skip this if there is a "Machine Washable" tag.*
- Care of Body Armor: Do not wash. Do not leave in sunlight. Do not soak in water. Body armor isn't washable. If damaged or machine washed, replace as soon as you can.
- Return Period: 30 Days
- Return Exemptions: We reserve the right to refuse a return for any reason. See terms and return form here.
- General Returns: Take a picture of the issue and include it in the return request. We pay return shipping if we made a mistake.
- Your Information: We don't your sell information. No exceptions.
Q: What are our plates and armor made of?
Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and/or Ceramic because it provides better protection and usage. Pure Polyethylene (UHMWPE) on all NIJ IIIA and lower ratings.
Q: Does our armor meet all NIJ guidelines?
Yes, all guidelines from the National Institute of Justice are always met and then exceeded.
Q: Who can purchase our body armor?
Everyone. Unless you intend to commit a crime while wearing body armor or have a felony conviction.**
Q: What is the lifespan of armor plates?
5 years for ceramic and Kevlar, and don't let anyone tell you longer. However, we use newer production methods with PEAD/UHMWPE materials that last many more years.
Q: Are Atomic Defense plates multi-hit capable?
Yes, all plates are tested for a minimum of one round, per NIJ standards. Then we go above that standard depending on the type of round and type of armor.
Q: How much do your plates weigh?
They are all different. Our NIJ III (3) plates are less than the 6+ pound standard. A lot lighter than steel plates and are even lighter than Kevlar.
Q: Do you offer custom orders?
Yes, please contact Sales@AtomicDefense.com with your orders and questions.
Q: What is the difference between X-line coating and the cloth armor plates?
X-Line helps compress and slow the wear of the armor. Cloth does the same but less effectively.
Q: Can you private label for me or can I be a dealer for Atomic Defense?
Yes, we can private label all of the products we manufacture. Contact us to become a dealer or to start private labeling.
Q: Do you accept wire transfers?
Yes, on large orders and before production. 40/60
Q: Do you sell AR500 or steel armor plates?
No, we consider steel unsafe when compared to our polyethylene (PEAD/UHMWPE) or Kevlar.
- **Safe For Travel: No need to worry, you can travel through TSA security with our polyethylene and/or ceramic armor.
- **Legal To Own: Civilians in the USA can own and use body armor. Consult an attorney for specific use cases.
**Consult a legal representative from your state and specific jurisdiction if you have questions regarding the legal aspects of any items listed here.
**Laws constantly change and we do not promise that you will be able to purchase our equipment tomorrow.
**US law states that you cannot wear body armor while committing a crime.
Is your question not listed? Please contact us: Help@AtomicDefense.com