Welcome to our bulletproof your head kit. Our visor set offers a clear view and an included helmet — all using the same standards and materials that we use for our military and police clients. The PEAD™ Aramid helmet shell and polycarbonate visor each hold an NIJ level IIIA bulletproof rating within their categories. Count on this package for full head and face protection against handgun rounds.
What makes this bulletproof helmet with a face shield the head protection you should choose? It's all about quality materials, over-the-top testing and stellar customer service. We go above the current NIJ standard when testing helmets and visors. Each combo set features durable materials and stops up to .44 Magnum, instead of just 9mm and .45 ACP. Place an individual or bulk full-face bulletproof helmet order online with Atomic Defense today!
- Industry leading features: The highest safety rating available, Four-way adjustable mounting, four-point chinstrap, tactical mil-spec ARC rail system and highly adjustable padding.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ Level IIIA+ capable of stopping .44 Magnum, 9mm, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, .38 Special, .22, .380, 12-gauge slug, buckshot and other common rounds. Even rifles like AR-15's 5.56x45 JHP and AK-47's 7.62x39 at long ranges.
- Testing procedure: Each helmet is tested above NIJ standards and receives 18 rounds from various calibers to different parts of the helmet.
- Certification: Scan the helmet's QR code sticker to view a specification sheet that displays the ammunition, angles and distances used for testing, as well as any back-face deformation.
- Level IIIA/3A+ rated and tested helmet and visor. Able to stop multiple 9mm, .44 Magnum, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 22 LR, 12 gauge, and many more!
- The visor will mount to any helmets with the military standard ARC rail system. Tactical ARC rail system has 2 point bungee and vertical + horizontal rails that are instantly ready for night vision.
- Wilcox and Rhino/RHNO NVG shroud is ready for any mil-spec NVGs.
- 4-way adjustable mounting to bring the shield closer to the face, further away, and up and down.
- Locking mechanism allows the visor to stay in place at three different locking points. Straight ahead, halfway up, or straight up and centered over the head.
- Adjusting pin on the right side allows for one side to be used for adjusting the visor down and up, away from the face or guarding the face.
- NIJ IIIA+ capable armored helmets, lighter weight and safer than the old Kevlar tactical helmets.
- Helmets use a rapid adjusting headband.
- 4 point chin straps that are fully adjustable with a leather chin grip.
- Fully adjustable memory-foam padding that can be moved around, taken out, beaten, and still retain its shape for years to come. Black padding can be swapped out or removed. Tan padding must remain inside for safety.
- Low visibility paints and fabrics used to maximize concealability for this ballistic helmet with a face shield
- Fire, water, and dust resistant for enhanced durability
- Helmets come with a 100%, transferrable lifetime warranty on parts and labor.
20 - 23
50 - 59
6 1/4 - 7 1/2
22 - 27
57 - 69
7 1/8 - 8 1/2+
- NIJ IIIA latest 0106.01 standard: Surpassed in testing with no penetration. (QR link included with helmet)
- Shell Helmet Weight: Less than 2.9 lbs / 2.9 kg
- Helmet Material: PEAD™ Aramid shell with foam interior padding.
- Weight with Accessories and Visor: 6.42 lbs / 1.55 kg
- Color: Black, Green, or Tan
- Sizes: S/M/L (Head Circumference = 21 - 23.5 in., Hat Size = 7 1/4 - 7 5/8) or L/XL/XXL (Head Circumference = 22.5 - 27 in., Hat Size = 7 3/8 - 8). Head circumference measured starting above brow-line where a hat's brim would sit.
- Complies with: US Standard - Mil STD 662 E, UK Standard - UK/SC/5449, NATO Standard - STANAG 2920, NIJ 0106.01
- Visor Material: Polycarbonate
- Visor Size: 5.9 in. by 15 in. / 150mm by 380mm
- Visor Weight: 3 pounds / 1.342 kg
- Visor Thickness: 0.86 in. / 22mm
Assembled and In the Box
Upgraded IIIA+ Helmet in selected color and size (Pre-assembled with the following)
- Straps and harness system (Color matched)
- Exterior Velcro (Color Matched)
- ARC rail system (Color matched)
- Bolts holding the ARC rails in place (Black)
- Bungees with self-hold integrated into the ARC rails (Color matched)
- NVG Shroud (Sometimes called the NVG mount) (Color matched)
- Black and Tan Interior padding sets (one thin set and 2 thicker sets). Padding sets can be mixed, matched, or removed as long as the Tan safety padding remains.
- ARC to Picatinny adapter
3A visor (Pre-assembled with the following)
- Pre-attached brackets and mounting system
- Visor Fabric Cover (Not pictured)
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes the Helmets Different From the Competition?
The MICH and FAST helmets offer IIIA+ ballistic protection — a level above and beyond competing helmets. These helmets include other unique features like adjustable interior padding, all-weather paint, a four-rail mount system, leather chin straps and more.
Does the Visor Affect Visibility?
The visor is completely clear by design. Plus, we make sure each visor is free of bubbles or other imperfections during manufacturing.
Is the Visor Adjustable?
The visor features three adjustment points. Set it either straight ahead for optimal bullet-blocking, halfway up or directly overhead. The mounting bracket features multi-way adjustability to change how close it is to the wearer's face.
How Does the Visor Stop Bullets?
The multi-layered polycarbonate material absorbs the impact to stop the bullet.
Does the Package Include Everything You Need to Attach the Visor?
The helmet features pre-attached brackets and ARC mounting system that is ready to hold the IIIA visor. The visor comes with mounting brackets attached that slide into the helmet's ARC rails and lock into place.
NIJ Level IIIA
Count on Atomic Defense for full face bulletproof helmets that meet and exceed NIJ standards. We test each helmet and visor at our in-house facility in Fresno, California and with independent NIJ lab tests. These tests surpass the requirements which the National Institute of Justice sets (NIJ). There are separate standards for bulletproof helmets and face shields, which follow body armor guidelines.
NIJ standard 0106.01 has four categories for helmets. Level IIIA is the top helmet class while IIA is the last mentioned in the NIJ 0106.01 standard, so all Atomic Defense helmets are tested beyond the maximum NIJ standard for bulletproof helmets. The NIJ's performance requirements for helmets and visors are as follows:
- IIIA MICH or FAST helmet: Helmets must resist four .357 Magnum JSP and four 9 mm FMJ. Our helmets are also tested to withstand shots from .44 Magnum rounds.
- IIIA face shield: In this level, face shields must withstand at least four hits each from .357 Magnum JSP and 9 mm FMJ. Our face shields are also tested to withstand shots from .44 Magnum.
We're proud to fire additional rounds into each component to ensure protection beyond NIJ standards, making our gear some of the safest on the market.
MICH Versus FAST Helmets — Which Is Right for You?
Our bulletproof helmets with face shields are available in two helmet styles. The Modular Integrated Communications Helmet (MICH) extends past the ear to prioritize coverage. The Future Assault Shell Technology (FAST) helmet is an over-the-ear (High-cut) style for maximum attachment compatibility. Both helmet options offer NIJ Level IIIA protection. An Atomic Defense representative would be happy to help you determine the best model for your situation.
Why Choose a Helmet With a Visor?
Full face bulletproof helmets are a great choice in dangerous situations. Choose a bulletproof helmet with a face shield when you want versatile protection, constant comfort and complete visibility. There are a few different reasons to choose a helmet and visor:
- Our helmets provide overhead protection and face coverage through one of the strongest bulletproof materials available. We carry multiple versions, each offering NIJ level IIIA ballistic resistance for the head and face.
- Both the helmet and facial visor include features that optimize comfort. Set the lightweight helmet's padding so its soft padding fits comfortably on your head after hours of wear.
- Each helmet includes an ARC rail system that makes installing, adjusting and removing the transparent visor easy. Position the visitor at any point to see normally.
- This helmet-mounted visor will not fog-up and will never restrict your breathing.
Order a Full Face Bulletproof Helmet From Atomic Defense
Atomic Defense is a leading source of reliable ballistic gear that anyone can buy. Our equipment gives civilians access to military-level protection at a competitive price. Get in touch to ask about or equipment, testing methods or paper NIJ certificates. Purchase a tactical helmet with a face shield online today.
Comfortable and functional
I ordered 2 of these helmets after a bad experience with another vendor. The sizing is very customizable so it should fit a wide variety of heads. The padding is memory foam so I keep it tight when first put on, then the foam compresses and it's comfortable. Make no mistake, the shield is heavy. It's about an inch thick, but it is ultra clear and doesn't distort vision. It has to be thick and heavy to perform it's intended task.....stopping a bullet!! The fact that everything is made in-house is also an added benefit. I love that they design, build, and retail the product. It keeps the quality standards high.
Functional and up to spec
Havent tested it yet but it matches my expectations. Thank you.
amazing helmet! and a great combo deal!
went around searching for just a visor for my old MICH but decided to just go with a whole new system and visor and im very happy! came in great packaging all bubble wrapped and secure and some awesome extra goodies like a coffee mug and a patch which I put on a helmet bag I bought just for this! awesome helmet great quality and id super recommend it!
I received this for my guard dog helmet, I was skeptical at first but it felt durable, not cheaply made.
Okay firstly the pros: the helmet fits perfectly, and is super comfortable. Also, the face shield is very clear and I would have no problems seeing through it. However now for the cons: The shield sits a little bit lower than I'd like, leaving a 1 inch gap between the shield and helmet that bullets can pass through. The glass shield doesn't line up with the helmet. There is no positioning slot to nudge it up just a bit more. This kinda sucks.
Atomic Defense, LLC
Thanks for the feedback! Recapping for anyone reading this review: There were two different hinges for visors. One for the MICH style and one for the FAST style helmets. Switching the MICH hinges to FAST hinges solved the problem.