Bulletproof Carhartt Backpack
Built with heavy-duty 1200D Poly with Rain Defender durable water repellent, this bag can be set down anywhere, no matter the terrain—the Duravax abrasion-resistant base stands up to the test. This pack has one large, main compartment complete with a padded 15-inch laptop sleeve with a removable armor insert as well as a spot for your tablet. Two mesh pockets on the side are perfect for water bottles, work gloves, and other gear. There are also two zippered pockets on the front; including an organization panel inside with a key fob, pen loops, and smaller slash pockets. The padded, contour-fit shoulder straps with daisy chains make hauling any load a breeze. Air mesh, padded back panel provides additional comfort.
These bulletproof backpacks are available in three defense levels, meeting NIJ IV, III+, and IIIA standards. You can also order five different color schemes. Reach out to Atomic Defense to learn more about wholesale rates and shipping options.
- Industry Leading Features: 15” padded laptop sleeve, premium organizer, coated bottom panel, and padded handle for premium comfort.
- Ballistic Resistance: Ranges from NIJ IIIA, NIJ III+, and NIJ IV standards. This tactical backpack protects against .44, .357, 5.56x45, 7.62x39, armor-piercing rifle ammunition, and more.
- Testing: Each of our bags undergoes testing based on the National Institute of Justice's (NIJ) standard 0101.06 for body armor.
- Versatile pack for work or school includes a 15-inch laptop sleeve and tablet space
- Made of durable 1200D Poly with Rain Defender water repellent plus Duravax abrasion-resistant base
- Zippered exterior organization compartment for keys, pens, and other small items; mesh side pockets
- Contour-fit padded shoulder straps with daisy chains and padded air mesh back panel
- Measures 12w x 18h x 11d inches; weighs 1.4 pounds + your selected armor
- Backpack size: 18 inches by 12 inches by 11 inches.
- Brand: Carhartt w/ Atomic Defense Bulletproofing
- Closure Type: Zipper
- Includes Handle: Yes
Assembled and in the Box:
- Carhartt Backpack
- NIJ bulletproof plate (based on the protection level you select)
Q: How Much Does Each Bulletproof Level Weigh?
- Level 4 (IV): 7 to 9 pounds, about the weight of a laptop or a gallon of milk.
- Level 3+ (III+): Approximately 5-6 pounds, about the weight of a jacket or a small laptop.
- Level 3+ (III+ Lightweight): Approximately 4-5 pounds, about the weight of a jacket or a small laptop.
- Level 3A (IIIA): Approximately 1-2 pounds, about the weight of a plastic water bottle or a 70-page notebook.
Q: Is the Bulletproof Insert Removable, or Sewn into the Bag?
It's removable. This is the best way because it allows you to wash your backpack and the insert separately without damaging the integrity of the plate. This will allow you to monitor the insert to make sure it's not damaged and is still performing at our high standards. You'll also be able to place the plate in the best location for you within the backpack. For example, some may prefer to have the plate in the laptop sleeve near their back, while others prefer to place it near the front of their bag to protect the contents of the backpack while simultaneously protecting themselves. The choice is yours. When your backpack becomes dated or out of style, you can conveniently transfer the bulletproof insert into any other backpack or bag of your choosing. We constantly test backpacks for their ability to fit our plates comfortably without shifting their weight, and only about 1 in 30 are selected to be featured on our website.
Q: What Bullets Can This Bag Withstand?
This backpack protects against various types of firearms, including:
- NIJ IIIA: Handguns up to .44 mag and .357.
- NIJ III+: Rifles up to 5.56 and 7.62 M80.
- NIJ IV: Armor-piercing and API.
Get Your Hands on a Bulletproof Backpack Today
As a parent, you should feel confident in the bags and products you use to take care of your children. Order your Bulletproof Backpack from Atomic Defense to conveniently store your child's essentials while adding an extra layer of protection to your disposal.
Have questions? Contact our representatives to learn more about our products, prices discounts, and more!
I bought this item for my son. He reports that, despite having a thick armor plate, the bag is surprisingly roomy. He finds that it's not roomy enough to carry *all* of his things; however, he also recognizes that this is the cost of staying safe.