The Atomic Defense bulletproof visor kit is one of the clearest and lightest helmet visors on the market. The crystal-clear polycarbonate used allows for maximum visibility without adding unnecessary weight to the helmet and impacting mobility.
- Industry leading features: A clear polycarbonate visor with a three-point locking mechanism and four-way adjustability.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ level IIIA rated and tested to stop 9mm, .44 Magnum, 12 gauge, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 22 LR, and other common rounds.
- Testing procedure: Withstands multiple .357 FMJ Flat Nose rounds and .44 magnum rounds at our NIJ-certified testing facility.
- Certification: Helmets include QR code stickers that link to the specifications sheet. The sheet shows the ammunition used for testing, angles, back-face deformation, distances and other data.
- Level IIIA/3A rated and tested. Able to stop multiple 9mm, .44 Magnum, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 22 LR, 12 gauge, and many more!
- Mounts to any helmets with the standard ARC rail system.
- 4-way adjustable mounting to bring the shield closer to the face, farther away, and up and down.
- Self-locking mechanism allows the visor to stay in place at three different locking-points. Straight ahead, halfway up, or straight up and centered over the head.
- Adjusting levers on the sides allow for the visor to be moved away from the face or closer to the face.
- Fire, water, and dust resistant for maximum durability
- All visors come with a 100%, transferrable lifetime warranty on parts and labor
- Model Number: NIJ IIIA (3A) Face Shield aka 3A Visor for Ballistic Helmets
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Standard: NIJ IIIA (3A)
- Size: 5.9 in. by 15 in. / 150mm by 380mm
- Weight: 3 pounds / 1.342 kg
- Thickness: 0.86 in. / 22mm
- Complies with: US Standard - Mil STD 662 E, UK Standard - UK/SC/5449, NATO Standard - STANAG 2920
Assembled and In the Box
- 3A visor
- Pre-attached brackets and ARC mounting system
- Fabric cover
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose This Ballistic Face Shield?
The NIJ IIIA Face Shield Bulletproof Helmet Visor is the ideal solution for close-range ballistics. We test these visors to meet and surpass NIJ Level IIIA requirements, meaning they can stop pistol rounds like 9mm and .44 magnum bullets, as well as 12-gauge shotgun slugs. If you plan on wearing a bulletproof helmet in anticipation of close-range combat, this bulletproof helmet visor will give you the extra layer of protection you need for total confidence.
What Helmets Is This Face Shield Compatible With?
These visors are compatible with a wide range of ballistic helmets, including PASGT, ACH, MICH and FAST models. They will mount to any ARC rail system, and the metal arms can bend to fit different helmet sizes. You can browse our helmets to see options that work with this visor.
Can I Adjust the Visor?
Each visor features three vertical adjustment points — straight ahead, halfway up and straight up over the head. The adjustment system is a part of the mounting bracket system.
Does the Shield Provide Clear Visibility?
The mask is clear as glass. We ensure each ballistic visor is free of bubbles and other imperfections during production.
What Material Is the Visor Made From?
The visor is made from multilayered polycarbonate.
Ballistic Face Shields From Atomic Defense
The face shield for ballistic helmets offers a clear line of sight and dependable ballistics protection. Its clear polycarbonate visor adjusts in four directions for optimal comfort and visibility. There are three locking points for the visor — straight ahead, halfway up or straight up over the head. Attach this bulletproof helmet visor to any ARC rail system to block close-range pistol and shotgun rounds. The visor mounts to standard railway systems on PASGT, MICH, FAST and ACH ballistics helmets.
Order a ballistic face shield kit online from Atomic Defense for a competitive price, superior customer service, and free shipping.
Level IIIA Face Shields
The bulletproof helmet visor from Atomic Defense qualifies for NIJ Level IIIA. Our ballistic face shields are categorized under standard 0106.01 for ballistic helmets. NIJ regulations assess a piece of equipment's ability to resist certain bullets at certain speeds. Each NIJ category under standard 0106.01 describes which rounds the gear can prevent from penetrating deeper than 44mm.
Our facial visors are tested to the same requirements as a level II helmet under NIJ Standard 0106.01. This means they must resist four shots from .357 Magnum JSP and four shots from 9 mm FMJ. We test our visors to exceed these requirements, by also testing against .44 Magnum, at our testing facility in Fresno, California. When a visor stops the rounds the NIJ requires, we fire additional rounds and test against shotgun slugs to confirm that the performance of the ballistic face shield exceeds NIJ standards.
Order Online Through Atomic Defense
At Atomic Defense, we're proud to be a leading source of reliable ballistic equipment like the NIJ IIIA Face Shield Bulletproof Helmet Visor for PASGT, MICH, FAST, ACH Ballistic Helmets. Order a ballistic face shield online today or get in touch to discuss product testing, helmet compatibility, wholesale options and more.
It is a very nice item, but when I opened it was missing a screw
Atomic Defense, LLC
Glad to see that Gray got this fixed for you. Sorry about missing the thumbscrew on the left side! The replacement will be shipped tomorrow and arrive in 2-4 days. Stay safe, Atomic Defense Team
Very well Built
Very Well built. A bit heavy but that is to be expected since it stops projectiles..
I have not received this product yet.
i havent received it yet but im sure ill be happy when i get it ill give 5 stars. ill give it a few more weeks and ill email you if i still didnt get it.