The armor militaries trust. Bulletproof insert plates above the NIJ Level 4 rating offer the best in mobility and ballistics protection. These PEAD™-backed ceramic armor plates withstand hits from some of the strongest rifles using AP ammunition. At Atomic Defense, we design our inserts to curve with your body for comfort and mobility. The plates are available in two sizes to accommodate all standard plate carrier vests.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING FEATURES: The lightest XSAPI plate with PEAD™ technology, All-weather coating, ergonomic design, and the highest protection against all threats to safely stop Armor Piercing (AP) bullets. All while being fire-resistant, waterproof, and dust-resistant.
- BALLISTIC RESISTANCE: NIJ level IV. This insert withstands various rifle rounds, including .30cal M2 AP (30-06), 7.62mm AP/API, and 5.56mm AP/API.
- TESTING PROCEDURE: We exceed NIJ requirements by testing our Level IV plates against multiple rifle rounds of varying calibers, as well as various sniper calibers. Calibers tested include: 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm, .308 Winchester, 5.56x45mm M855, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Lapua Magnum, and more.
- CERTIFICATION: Each plate comes with a QR coded label on its certification sheet. It will show tested ammunition, angles, back-face deformation, distances, and more. Independent Testing Certification
- ERGONOMIC: Curved to match your body shape. The real ESAPI Shooter's cut and body curve allow accurate shooting and arm movement. Our single curve technology ensures no glancing shots to the upper body happen.
- NIJ IV TESTED: Blocks and stops various armor-piercing rounds. Sniper, pistol, assault rifles, airgun rounds. The best thing to have in a life or death situation. Two plate purchase is recommended for vests and clothing to cover both the front and back areas.
- BETTER THAN III & KEVLAR: Stops up to 7.62 AP & API rounds from AK-47 & more rifles, see description. Military-grade PEAD™ and ceramic mil-spec armoring. Tried and tested to stop multiple fully-automatic rounds from various weapons.
- MULTIPLE BUYING OPTIONS: Wholesale options are available.
- CUT: XSAPI/ESAPI (Mil-spec)
- WEIGHT (10"x12"): 6.6 pounds / 3 kg
- WEIGHT (11"x14"): 8.8 pounds / 4 kg
- MATERIAL: Ceramic material with PEAD™ (polyethylene) backing
- SIZES: Two sizes - 10x12x0.9 in (25x30x2.3 cm) or 11x14x0.9 in (27x35x2.3 cm)
- COMPLIES WITH: This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor. NIJ level IV (4) under standard 0101.06, VPAM PM 12/13, TR SK4/PM9, HOSDB SG3 and RF2, GOST Class 6/6A, GOST BR5/BR6, XSAPI - REV. C. and ESAPI - REV. J.
Assembled and In the Box
- NIJ level IV ballistic plate in your chosen size
How Is This Ballistic Plate Different From the Competition?
Our plates offer top-end ballistic protection matched with incredible mobility. We use durable ceramic materials with PEAD™ catch layers to construct inserts capable of withstanding, not just the standard "one round to plate center", but multiple rounds around the plate. Plus, we test our inserts to ensure they meet and exceed all relevant standards. Our ergonomic shooter's cut design will allow you to hold and fire your weapon comfortably.
Is this a Level IV (4) Standalone Plate or ICW Plate?
Level 4 Standalone. This means that it can stop up to 30-06 MW AP, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 5.56x45 Armor Piercing BT, 9mm, .44 Magnum, 7.62x39 FMJ, etc. by itself and without extra armor needing to be placed behind it.
What Is NIJ Level IV?
At Atomic Defense, we test our panels to comply with and exceed the National Institute of Justice's (NIJ) regulations. The NIJ's standards categorize equipment by the types of rounds it can hold to a depth of 44 mm or less upon impact. Each NIJ level represents a stronger body armor, where levels III and higher fall into the category of hard body armor. Level IV ceramic armor plates are the highest grade for body armor under NIJ standard 0101.06, withstanding rounds from each previous level and above.
As Level IV armor, these plates meet the NIJ's requirement of stopping armor-piercing (AP) .30 caliber rounds traveling between 2,850 and 2,910 fps. The NIJ requires that hard body armor meets this qualification against a single shot in a conditioned state. We go beyond the NIJ's Level IV requirements by firing numerous shots into the armor, proving it can withstand multiple rounds from various full-automatic weapons.
Why Go With Insert Panels?
Insert panels like Atomic Defense's NIJ Level IV Bulletproof Inserts offer the highest ballistic protection and the versatility to use them as you see fit. You can use these panels in a carrier vest, loading both sides to prioritize coverage or removing one for greater mobility.
Insert plates also fit well into purses or backpacks for a reliable line of defense in civilian settings. Dependable and lightweight, these PE and ceramic insert panels are the perfect body armor for any wearer.
Which Size Is Insert Is Right for Me?
Finding equipment that fits your body and equipment is essential for combat preparation, whether you're a civilian, police officer or U.S. military member. Our NIJ Level IV plates fit any carrier in our lineup.
The X-Line Coating 10x12 Armor Plate fits our 10x12 Armor Plate Carrier, while the X-Line Coating 11x14 Armor Plate corresponds with the 11x14 Armor Plate Carrier.
Browse our carrier selection online or contact an Atomic Defense representative to ensure your plates and carrier match up.
Great quality and feel
I exchanged the item for lighter level III plates. That being said, when I pulled the plates out of the box they were shipped in, I was impressed. The plates were individually wrapped as well as surrounded by a more dense packaging. The individual plates were lighter than I originally expected, though they were a tad thick. The coating felt durable and looked attractive.
Peace of mind
I purchased this plate for my high school son’s backpack. The only negative is how heavy it is, but I really wanted the AR protection! That’s the price you pay, though, for peace of mind!
Always the highest quality I only buy from these guys
Great quality, lightweight
NIJ Level IV BULLETPROOF INSERT
The plates were excellent and made 11/2020. After reading review as online I now know that I have a little under 5 years with these plates.