The MILITECH® soft-body stabproof vests is a concealable body armor that protects the wearer from various close-range weaponry. This vest meets National Institute of Justice (NIJ) requirements for IIIA bullet resistance and Level II stab resistance. Order a stab and bulletproof vest in any quantity online through Atomic Defense for free shipping and competitive rates.
- Notable features: Low-visibility twill fabric with adjustable straps and lightweight ballistic plates.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ level IIIA plates which stop .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, 9 mm, .38 Special, .40 S&W, and other rounds. The vest also provides Level II stab resistance.
- Testing: We test these vests against multiple common rounds from various weapons at our testing facility. Tested rounds include: 9mm, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .38 Special, .380 ACP, .40 S&W. The NIJ requires equipment to take at least six hits, so we go above that for extra security.
- Lightweight design for greater mobility
- Breathable twill fabric
- Tested to surpass NIJ level IIIA ballistic requirements
- Available in numerous adult sizes
- Adjustable fastening straps for the ideal fit
- Low visibility fabrics that absorb light and prevent reflections
- Made with water, fire and dust resistant materials
- Tested to surpass NIJ level IIIA ballistic resistance under standard 0101.06
- Level II stab resistance under NIJ standard 0115.00
- Vest weight: [X pounds]
- Fits: See chart above
- Material: Kevlar with polyester and cotton
- Color: Black
- Sizes: Small, medium, large, extra-large and XXL
- Complies with: NIJ IIIA 0101.06 and NIJ 0115.00
Assembled and In the Box
- MILITECH® soft-body stabproof vest
What Sets This Vest Apart From the Competition?
The MILITECH IIIA and Level II stabproof vest from Atomic Defense provides all the benefits of bulletproof vests and more. Any Level IIIA bulletproof and Level II stabproof vest will perform well against close-range weaponry like knives and handguns. They are lightweight and offer reliable protection. These vests are legal for any U.S. citizen 18 or older who hasn't committed a felony to purchase, wear and pack for air travel.
While most Level IIIA bulletproof and Level II stabproof vests are designed as overt armor, this MILITECH model is low-profile. You can wear this vest under your clothing for inconspicuous protection in any setting. We offer various sizes so that any customer can get the right fit.
What Is Level IIIA Ballistic Resistance?
NIJ standard 0101.06 categorizes body armor. Each category describes the type of bullet its armor can hold to a depth of 44 mm. We test this type of vest to ensure it achieves NIJ Level IIIA. This vest stops:
- .357 SIG rounds traveling between 1,430 and 1,500 fps.
- .44 Magnum rounds traveling between 1,400 and 1,460 fps.
Our Level IIIA armor stops bullets from the strongest handguns while offering additional protection against 12-gauge shotgun buckshot and slugs. Diverse protection against common close-range firearms popularizes these vests with police forces and civilians looking for concealable protection.
What Is Level II Stab Resistance?
This vest meets NIJ standard 0115.00 for Level II stabproof vests. The NIJ's stabproof categories describe a vest's performance against two knife strikes, where the second is 50% more forceful than the first. The force required for the first strike to cut seven mm deep and the second to cut 20 mm determines the vest's level. There are a total of three stabproof categories:
- Level I: Armor that withstands 24 J and 36 J.
- Level II: Armor that withstands 33 J and 50 J.
- Level II: Armor that withstands 43 and 65 J.
Our tests ensure these vests meet the requirements for NIJ Level II stabproof equipment. Order this vest for dependable blade resistance that police and military forces trust.