Introducing the Level 3A (NIJ IIIA) Body Armor from Atomic defense. This vest features ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) PEAD that stops bullets from pistols and shotguns. We test each vest above and beyond relevant performance standards. Wear this tactical bulletproof vest for reliable protection that police officers and soldiers trust in life-or-death situations. This bulletproof vest comes with wrap-around armor and fits on or under most clothing.
Order online through Atomic Defense for a dependable and concealable bulletproof vest shipped to your door.
- Industry-leading features: Breathable mesh on all sides to disperse heat away from your body. Built-in plate pockets that will accept 10x12 or 11x14 inch Level 3 and 4 plates, Dura-last elastic straps to breathe with your body and movement. Built-in trauma pads to further reduce felt impact from bullets.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ Level IIIA (3A) capable of withstanding common pistol rounds like 9mm and .44 Magnum, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 38 Special, and 12-gauge shotgun slugs.
- Testing procedures: Tested above and beyond the NIJ standard with multiple calibers (including .22, .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 Special, .45 ACP, and .44 Magnum) from various weapons at our testing facility. Our IIIA+ designation highlights that our vests are tested above and beyond the NIJ requirement.
- No more sweaty days. Self-breathing technology allows air to flow freely through vents that are sewn into the front and the back.
- No more breathing restrictions during stressful situations. Longer lasting and more adjustable elastic waist straps are added to allow the vest to breathe in and out with your body.
- Easier than ever to take care of and maintain. PEAD armor panels can be easily removed for cleaning and last longer than any Kevlar on the market.
- Tactical and concealable Level 3A (IIIA) soft body armor provides premier body armor protection without compromise.
- Expandable to level 3 (III) plates and level 4 (IV) armor plates in 10x12 or 11x14 inch sizes.
- Rapidly insert our industry-standard ESAPI Shooter's Cut 10x12 armor plates into the front and back hidden pockets in mere seconds.
- A covert and overt body armor option. Hide it under your shirt or wear it on the outside. The vest is ready for hook-and-loop patches, custom modifications, labeling, and more at your local seamstress.
- Our level 3A body armor is extremely lightweight and protects against flak, shrapnel, bullets, knives, fire, tasers, and more.
- Fast shipping and a money-back guarantee make it an easy choice. This vest is made for police, civilians, teachers, farmers, security, SWAT, FBI, EMT, EMS, military, and everyone else.
The Level IIIA bulletproof vest is a versatile, lightweight ballistic solution you can wear anywhere. Features of this vest include:
- Material: UHMWPE (PEAD)
- Size & Total Weight: Small/Medium 5.3lbs, Large/XL 5.9lbs, XXL/XXXL 7lbs
- Color: Black
- Thickness: 0.5 inch + Extra Padding
- Soft Armor Level: Follows and Exceeds NIJ 3A (IIIA) standards
- Hard Armor Level: NIJ IV (4) OR NIJ III (3) capable with plate inserts (add to cart separately)
- Weight: 2-4 Pounds per IIIA panel. Depending on size.
- Acceptable Hard Armor Insert Sizes: 10" by 12" OR 11" by 14" ESAPI/Shooter cut plates.
- Clothing: Concealable under-uniform or over-uniform shirt.
- Sex: Men and Women's
- Customization: Allowed for DuPont Kevlar, Pouches or Department Patches, Bulk Orders
- Professions Currently Using: EMS, Police, Military, Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics, etc.
Assembled and In the Box
- Front and rear armor inserts
- Carrying bag
Learn more about our Level IIIA body armor from our team. You can contact Atomic Defense to speak with a representative about further questions.
Does this Vest Come with Plates Included?
Yes, this vest comes with two pre-inserted level IIIA panels in the front and rear. The armor wraps around the sides and top of the vest.
What Is the Best Bulletproof Vest Size for Me?
Our soft bulletproof body armor vests coincide with standard shirt sizes. We carry a full range of sizes to fit any wearer. Choose a shirt size that snugly fits you and match it to our sizing options.
How Do I Order a Soft Bulletproof Vest Online?
All you need to do is choose your size and checkout. It's that easy. Shipping is inexpensive — even free — and orders arrive in just a few days for U.S. customers. You can read our shipping policy for more information.
What Type of Bullet or Round This Vest Won’t Protect You From:
This soft body armor vest is rated 3A (IIIA). That means it will stop everything from 9mm, .22L, and .44mag to 12 gauge slugs. If you want or need extra protection to stop assault rifles, you should add one or two of our level 3 (III) or level 4 (IV) hard armor insert plates. These higher-level plates stop assault rifles and armor-piecing rounds. You can browse our insert plates online to find upgrade options for your vest.
What Kinds of Bulletproof Plates Can I Add to This Vest?
This ballistic vest allows for level 3 and 4 armor inserts. They can be inserted on the inside of the vest at the top via an easy-access Velcro pouch. Our level 3 and 4 inserts block up to 5.56 NATO, 7.62, .308, .30-06, .50 cal, and several other types of ammunition.
What Can I Compare This Soft Body Armor To?
This vest is equal to other police and military 3A (IIIA) bulletproof products. Level IIIA is the highest category for soft body armor and the lowest level that we will carry. Our premier bulletproof vest is better than levels 2 (II) and 2A (IIA), as well as any of the lower levels.
Who Can Buy This Level 3A Armor?
Essentially anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a bulletproof vest in the USA, Canada, and other countries. Civilians in the US state of Connecticut are the only people who automatically cannot. Connecticut customers will need to have a different billing/shipping location for the order. Additionally, individuals with felony convictions may not purchase body armor.
For further information on whether or not your country will allow you to purchase bulletproof vests or other armor, you can seek information through customs and enforcement.
Are Bulletproof Vests Illegal or Legal?
In short: the answer is yes, they are legal. Most states allow residents over 18 to wear body armor. However, if you are a convicted felon in the United States, you cannot own or use body armor. This applies to every US state. Connecticut residents may purchase and own body armor, but all transactions must occur in person.
What Kind of Materials Is This Soft Body Armor Made Of?
We make our vests with DuPont Kevlar or PE (UHMWPE). All of our vests come with our upgraded PE to ensure the armor is easily hidden under clothing.
What Part of the Body Will This Soft Body Armor Cover and Protect?
The vest will protect your full torso and sides. The bulletproof insert covers the entire body area that the outside carrier holds. Additional or upgraded panels can enhance protection to the areas our vests cover. For further reference, see the images above.
Where Can I Wear a Bulletproof Vest?
It depends on what country you are in, but if you are in the US the answer is anywhere. You can wear this bulletproof vest to work as long as your employer permits it to be on their property. With it being a concealable vest it easily fits under clothing. These vests are legal for air travel, but you must check them or pack them into a carry-on bag.
Why Was This Bulletproof Vest Removed from Amazon?
Amazon made a political decision to distance itself from anything related to guns. This affected all body armor companies.
Who Does This Vest Fit?
Just about everyone. The adjustable Velcro straps make the vest easily adaptable to any body size and shape. We carry options to fit any adult shirt size, so choose one that matches the clothing you wear.
What Types of People Can Buy a Bulletproof Vest?
Our bulletproof vests can be bought, bought for, and worn by men, women, children, students, teachers, and everyone who wants to stay safe from a bullet... or multiple.
Will This Premier Bulletproof Body Armor Bulletproof Me?
This soft body armor and the inserts we offer will stop almost any known close-range ballistic weapon in military or civilian use, including pistols (common rounds like 9mm and .44 Magnum)and shotguns. If you are looking to stop assault rifles or sniper rifles, please add one of our higher-rated insert panels to your order.
Understanding Level IIIA Body Armor
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has various requirements for body armor. Generally, the NIJ categorizes body armor by the types of ammunition it can stop. For a piece of armor to qualify for level IIIA under standard 0101.06, it must withstand at least six shots from .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) and .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose rounds — some of the strongest available for handguns.
At Atomic Defense, we test our Level 3A Body Armor to reach NIJ requirements and surpass them. Our in-house product testers fire additional rounds at each plate to see how many consecutive shots they can withstand. We also perform additional testing using 12-gauge shotguns to confirm reliable protection against multiple close-range firearms. We encourage you to contact us online to discuss our testing procedures or view certificates.
This level 3A body armor is a modern upgrade to our older armor without any compromises. This is the bulletproof vest for you. It's the complete package. Here's a preview of what we test for to certify all of our bulletproof armor:
- Comfortable fit (all body types): Featuring a smooth interwoven cloth-like cover to match any and all body shapes, these vests are comfortable for anyone to wear. You'll benefit from full coverage, safety, and protection. All of our vests include cooling pads sewn into the interior to keep the vest and your body temperature cool.
- Level 3A certified vest: This vest blocks and provides barriers to stop various pistol calibers from rifles, knives, and high-powered airguns. It's your number one protection in a life-or-death situation. Wear it under or over your clothing to cover both front and back areas.
- TSA & airplane ready: Each vest features certified standalone PEAD UHMWPE protection that can be used when traveling on an airplane, in the USA and almost all countries in the world.
Order Level 3A Body Armor Online Today
Atomic Defense is an experienced, dedicated body armor supplier We are committed to providing military-grade armor that civilians can wear in public or on the job. Our Level 3A Body Armor is available to order as individual units or in bulk, so buy yours today!
Though the quality is good, it’s not what I thought I was getting. I was looking for an under shirt vest but what I ended up getting is an outer wear vest.
Great Quality & Affordable!!
Overall I would give Atomic Defense 5stars! I’ve worn several other bulletproof vest manufacturers and this was the best when it comes to affordability, comfort and peace of mind. Definitely would recommend for other officers,etc.
Everything went perfectly.
Peace of Mind
I used my vest over the weekend to determine my ability to wear it in 'hotter' than average temperatures for me. As I expected my body core temp was higher but manageable under the circumstances. I intend to use it in a different environment in September and am certain it will pose no problems for me.
ATOMIC DEFENSE LEVEL 3 BODY ARMOR.
Superb unit. Excellent device. Fortunately I have not had the experience in testing it's reliability personally, however, I hope, and trust that it would protect, and perform as advertised. Very sturdy.