Bulletproof insert plates with an NIJ Level 4 rating offer the best in mobility and ballistics protection. These PE-backed ceramic armor plates withstand hits from some of the strongest rifles. At Atomic Defense, we design our inserts to curve with your body for comfort and mobility. The plates are available in two sizes to accommodate our different carrier vests.
- Notable features: The ergonomic design is rifle-resistant, fireproof, waterproof and dust-resistant.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ level IV. This insert withstands various rifle rounds, including .30cal steel core AP, 7.62mm FMJ, and 5.56 mm.
- Testing procedure: We exceed NIJ requirements by testing our Level IV plates against multiple rifle rounds of varying calibers, as well as various sniper calibers. Calibers tested include: 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm, .308 Winchester, 5.56x45mm M855, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Lapua Magnum, and more.
- NIJ IV TESTED: Blocks and stops various armor-piercing rounds. Sniper, pistol, assault rifles, airgun rounds. Best thing to have in a life or death situation. Two plate purchase is recommended for vests and clothing to cover both front and back areas.
- BETTER THAN III & KEVLAR: Stops up to 7.62 AP & API rounds from AK-47 & more rifles, see description. Military-grade PE and ceramic mil spec plating. Tried and tested to stop multiple fully-automatic rounds from various weapons.
- MORE COMPACT THAN KEVLAR: 250x300x22 mm, 25x30x2.2 cm, 10x12x0.9 inches. (width x height x depth) with 2.6 Kg weight. Now offered in 11x14x0/9 inches.
- This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Includes a shooter's cut for optimal protection while holding a rifle.
- MULTIPLE BUYING OPTIONS: Wholesale options available.
- Meets and surpasses requirements for NIJ level IV under standard 0101.06
- Weight: 5.7 pounds or 2.6kg
- Material: Ceramic material with polyethylene (PE) backing
- Sizes: Options to fit 11x14 or 10x12 carriers
- Complies with: NIJ level IV under standard 0101.06
Assembled and In the Box
- NIJ level IV Strike Face ballistic plate
How Is This Ballistic Plate Different From the Competition?
Our plates offer top-end ballistic protection matched with incredible mobility. We use durable ceramic materials with PE plating to construct inserts capable of withstanding rifle rounds. Plus, we test our inserts to ensure they meet and exceed all relevant standards. Our ergonomic shooter's cut design will allow you to hold and fire your weapon comfortably.
What Is NIJ Level IV?
At Atomic Defense, we test our panels to comply with and exceed the National Institute of Justice's (NIJ) regulations. The NIJ's standards categorize equipment by the types of rounds it can hold to a depth of .44 mm or less upon impact. Each NIJ level represents a stronger body armor, where levels III and higher fall into the category of hard body armor. Level IV ceramic armor plates are the highest grade for body armor under NIJ standard 0101.06, withstanding rounds from each previous level and above.
As Level IV armor, these plates meet the NIJ's requirement of stopping armor-piercing (AP) .30 caliber rounds traveling between 2,850 and 2,910 fps. The NIJ requires that hard body armor meets this qualification against a single shot in a conditioned state. We go beyond the NIJ's Level IV requirements by firing numerous shots into the armor, proving it can withstand multiple rounds from various full-automatic weapons.
Why Go With Insert Panels?
Insert panels like Atomic Defense's NIJ Level IV Bulletproof Inserts offer the highest ballistic protection and the versatility to use them as you see fit. You can use these panels in a carrier vest, loading both sides to prioritize coverage or removing one for greater mobility.
Insert plates also fit well into purses or backpacks for a reliable line of defense in civilian settings. Dependable and lightweight, these PE and ceramic insert panels are the perfect body armor for any wearer.
Which Size Is Insert Is Right for Me?
Finding equipment that fits your body and equipment is essential for combat preparation, whether you're a civilian, police officer or U.S. military member. Our NIJ Level IV plates fit any carrier in our lineup.
The X-Line Coating 10x12 Armor Plate fits our 10x12 Armor Plate Carrier, while the X-Line Coating 11x14 Armor Plate corresponds with the 11x14 Armor Plate Carrier.
Browse our carrier selection online or contact an Atomic Defense representative to ensure your plates and carrier match up.
Great quality, lightweight
NIJ Level IV BULLETPROOF INSERT
The plates were excellent and made 11/2020. After reading review as online I now know that I have a little under 5 years with these plates.
Plates were very easy to insert
Found these very easy to insert and were not as heavy as had thought they might be. Very happy with how they feel. Hopefully never have to actually use them.
Perfect fit XL - comfortable and not as heavy with both plates in as I was anticipating. Great product.
NIJ Level IV Bulletproof Insert - Shooters Free Cut - Ballistic Plates
Comfortable. Fits good with my carrier. I'd recommend wearing a tee shirt under the vest if it's going to be on for a few hours or more. Because of sweat. Make sure you clean it good.