XR Helmet Features & Specifications:
- Lightweight design capable of resisting a 7.62x39mm lead core projectile.
- High-cut, ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced carbon, unidirectional polyethylene, and woven Aramid.
- High-cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital lobe without load carrier interference and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Low Profile Skeleton Rail system offers a lightweight mounting system for the head-borne ecosystem.
- Molded liner features a proprietary recessed channel, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and the ability to doff and don the helmet without removing the headset.
- Comes with Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile OCC-Dial, Right Eye Dominant (buckle on left).
Characteristics, Coverage, & Weight:
Coverage & Weight
What's Included in the Box with the XR Helmet?
- XR Helmet and Accessories (Pre-attached and assembled)
- Free helmet bag
- Spare padding set
- Operator's Manual
- Inspection Card
Specifications of the Ops-Core XR FAST Helmet:
Performance Specification: In accordance with Gentex PS1519
NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ / 44mag @ 1,400 ft/s) Threats
- 2 - Grain RCC @ 5,300 FPS & 1,615 MS
- 16 - Grain RCC @ 3,315 FPS & 1,010 MS
- 17 - Grain FSP @ 3,250 FPS & 991 MS
- 64 - Grain RCC @ 2,210 FPS & 674 MS
Resistance to Penetration:
- 7.62mm x 23mm SJLC, 86 gr
- 7.62mm x 39mm LC, 123 gr
- .40S&W GDHP, 180 gr
Blunt Impact Protection: <150 G’s at 10 ft/s per ACH CO/PD 05-04: 2007
Compression Testing: Top-Bottom = .020” (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs. (181.44 kg), Side-Side = .125” (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg) lbs. per MICH Type II FQ/PD 06-35C: 2013
Environmental Resistance: Temperature -Storage and Operating at Ambient, Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C), Temperature Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Vibration, Seawater, Field Agent Resistance, Weatherometer per ACH CO/PD 05-04:2007
Shell Construction: Two-Stage Non-Slit
Available Sizes: Medium (M), Large (L), X-Large (XL), XX-Large (XXL)
Shell Thickness: 0.280”(M) 0.290” (L/XL/XXL)
Shell Geometry (Curvature): FAST (Aka Modern High Cut or Super High Cut)
Cut Style (Side Protection): High Cut
Shell Sizing & Coverage: Medium (M) 142in² (916 cm² ), Large (L) 154in² (994cm²), X-Large (XL) 167in² (1077cm²), XX-Large (XXL) 176 in² (1135cm²)
Shell Weight: Medium (M) 1.57lbs (713g), Large (L) 1.72lbs (780g), X-Large (XL) 1.89lbs (856g), XX-Large (XXL) 1.97lbs (894g)
System Weight: Medium (M) 2.68lbs (1214g), Large (L) 2.81lbs (1275g), X-Large (XL) 3.02lbs (1370g), XX-Large (XXL) 3.11lbs (1409g)