This bulletproof blanket is highly maneuverable due to its foldable and flexible properties, which can be used in a variety of tactical situations. Ballistic blankets are great for shielding vehicles, VIP protection, or covering walls, windows, doors, etc. Our blankets also fold for easy storage in a car or closet.
The heavy-duty bulletproof blankets available through Atomic Defense are a compact, protective ballistic solution for anyone. These blankets are made from high-performance soft ballistic material and offer NIJ IIIA Bulletproofing and MIL-SPEC Fragmentation defense. Order online through Atomic Defense for a competitive rate, affordable shipping, amazing customer service, and a high-quality product.
- Industry-leading features: Lightweight build, durable UHMWPE material, water resistance, quick-release buckles, and multi-directional grab handles.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ Level IIIA. Capable of stopping .44 Magnum, 9mm, 12-gauge shotgun slugs, .40 cal, 45 ACP/Auto, .357 SIG, and other similar rounds.
- Testing procedures: Blankets are tested above NIJ standards with at least six rounds from .44 magnum and .357 SIG rounds.
*Video shows older models
- Outer Carrier: Multiple straps, water resistance for easy movement and attachment, reinforced perimeter strapping system with multi-directional grab handles on all 4 corners, all 4 sides, and arm sleeves in the back for easy holding while keeping both hands available.
- Stops the Most Common Bullets: Above NIJ-STD-0101.06 IIIA, which can stop .44 Magnum, 9mm, 12 gauge shotgun slugs, .40 cal, 45 ACP/Auto, .357 SIG pistol ammo and shrapnel. This is the highest level where the panel still remains flexible.
- Customizations: Available for bulk orders and private labeling.
- The bulletproof panel is removable and flexible with an active service life of 5 years.
- Sizes: 2' by 5' and 4' by 5' option
- Weights: 2' by 5' is 12 pounds and the 4' by 5' is 23 pounds
- Ballistic Material: PEAD™ UHMWPE
- Complies with: NIJ-STD-0101.06
Assembled and In the Box
- Blanket outer carrier
- Armor insert
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes This Ballistic Blanket Unique?
Our blanket uses rollable ballistics materials to increase portability. The blanket also includes convenient features like quick-release buckles, corner loops with handles and Velcro to attach other accessories. Maintenance is now even easier for these UHMWPE blankets. Much better than Kevlar versions found elsewhere.
How Does UHMWPE Stop Bullets?
UHMWPE plastic is a unique and effective material for bulletproof products. Like aramid fibers, UHMWPE armor features layers of powerful fibers that slow a bullet and alter its shape. UHMWPE outclasses other bulletproof materials thanks to its robust hydrogen bonds, which offer some of the best bullet resistance at a low weight and price point.
Can UHMWPE Withstand Extreme Weather?
UHMWPE withstands temperatures up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. You can store these blankets in hot vehicles and other extreme conditions.
Why Bulletproof Blankets?
The market is full of bulletproof products that fill unique needs. Bulletproof blankets are a bulletproof solution that is easy to carry and pack away. These blankets feature ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) sheets inside a flexible fabric, resulting in a light, mobile build. Use your blanket as a portable bulletproof shield that has your back without weighing you down. We design these blankets to fold and buckle together to easily fit into your bags, cars or stash them into the closet.
Above all, choose our level IIIA bulletproof blanket for reliable bulletproof performance against various common firearms. PEAD UHMWPE has excellent bullet-resisting properties that can make all the difference in an emergency. We test our blankets above and beyond NIJ IIIA requirements to ensure reliable protection. You can bring your bulletproof blanket nearly anywhere you go to feel safe and ready for anything that can happen to the ones you protect.
Level IIIA Ballistic Resistance
Bullet resistance is a key feature of our UHMWPE blankets. We test this product to go above and beyond the National Institute of Justice's (NIJ) requirements for its tier. Level IIIA is the highest category for soft body armor, offering penetration resistance against .44 Magnum and .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose rounds.
NIJ standard 0101.06 mandates that we hit a new product with at least six shots from qualifying rounds to earn a level IIIA ranking. Atomic Defense is committed to excellence, so our testers fire additional rounds into each blanket. You can count on our armor to protect you against anything from pistols, submachine guns, 12-gauge shotguns, and more.
Safety in Numerous Situations
Bulletproof blankets are legal to carry nearly anywhere, making them an ideal product for multiple situations. Carry a ballistic blanket in your backpack to line it with a bullet-resistant layer that'll perform against unexpected threats. The blankets unfold in a second so you can respond to an active shooting fast. Hold the bulletproof blanket like a shield, drape it over your body, or duck behind it until the situation is safe.
A bulletproof blanket is also useful to have in the car when driving through a dangerous area. Car doors aren't bulletproof! Position the armor between yourself and your car door for an additional security layer. Your blanket can also protect you from shattered glass. Keep one at home, work, or in the classroom for coverage against debris during weather emergencies or shootings.
Order Level IIIA Bulletproof Blankets Online
Atomic Defense offers great prices, free and affordable shipping options, bulk discounts, customization options, and more. Buy a level IIIA bulletproof blanket online today!
Handle is cross stitched and holds well. Material is smooth and doesn't puncture easily. In testing the product took many rounds before giving way with 5.56, which its not rated for btw. Mileage may vary since mine was at a slight angle for the 5.56.
Atomic Defense, LLC
Good size/light/weight good/handles good
Atomic Defense, LLC
I got a custom size to fit over my windshield for work. Does just that. Lead time was 3 weeks since I was custom,.
Atomic Defense, LLC