Features & Specifications:
- FAST tactical ballistic helmet with a super high cut shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene, and woven Aramid.
- A high-performance evolution of the Ops-Core FAST MT Super High Cut Helmet, with an 8% weight reduction, while maintaining compatibility with FAST head-borne accessories.
- Super high-cut ballistic helmet shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital bone without load carrier interference and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing for clearance of larger communication headsets.
- Super High Cut Skeleton Rails offer a lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) which reduces snag hazards and interference. Carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability.
- Molded liner features a proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and the ability to doff and don without removing the headset.
- Vented Lux Liner features expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes are integrated with the shell to provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- This super high-cut ballistic helmet comes standard with right eye dominant retention (buckle on left). A left eye dominant retention (buckle on right) is available for Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - Low Profile Occ-Dial Kit, Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - Worm-Dial Kit, and Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - H-Nape Kit, which can be purchased separately.
- Available with three suspension/retention options.
Suspension & Retention Options:
The Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner is a suspension system that combines a one-piece full coverage impact layer with modular breathable comfort pads that can be customized and repositioned for comfort without affecting impact performance. Available options:
- Vented Lux Liner with Worm-Dial Fitband
- Vented Lux Liner with H-Nape Chinstrap
- Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile Occ-Dial Fitband
Testing Protocols & Design:
- Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th, 2017 Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
- NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ @1,400 ft/s) Threats
Characteristics, Coverage, & Weight:
Coverage & Weight
Performance Specification*: Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th, 2017; Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ @ 1,400 ft/s) Threat
*Not all suspension/retention options are tested to full-stated standards.
Blunt Impact Protection: 150 g’s maximum at 10 ft/s. Maximum allowable dent 0.023”
Compression Testing: Top-Bottom = .020” (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs. (181.44 kg), Side-Side = .125” (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg) lbs.
Environmental Resistance: Temperature -Storage and Operating at Ambient, Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C), Temperature Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Seawater, Field Agent Resistance, Weatherometer
Shell Construction: Two-Stage Non Slit
Available Sizes: Medium (M), Large (L), X-Large (XL), XX-Large (XXL)
Areal Density: 1.22 lbs/ft² (5957 g/m²)
Shell Thickness: 0.220” (5.58mm)
Shell Geometry (Curvature): FAST
Cut Style (Side Protection): Super High Cut
Shell Sizing & Coverage:
This product is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) 15 CFR 730-774. The export of this item and related technical information may require prior authorization from the U.S. Government.