Ballistic helmet and visor kit. This package includes a choice of level 3A MICH or level 3A ATE Fast style helmet with a 3A bulletproof face-shield.
Welcome to our bulletproof your head kit. Our visor offers a clear view and an included helmet. All using the same standards and materials that we use for our military and police clients. What makes this the helmet you should choose? We go above the old NIJ standard and stop up to 44 Magnum, instead of just 9mm.
- Level IIIA/3A rated and tested helmet and visor. Able to stop multiple 9mm, 44 magnum, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 22 LR, 12 gauge, and many more!
- The visor will mount to any helmets with the standard rail system.
- 4-way adjustable mounting to bring the shield closer to the face, further away, and up and down.
- Locking mechanism allows the visor to stay in place at three different locking-points. Straight ahead, halfway up, or straight up and centered over the head.
- Adjusting pin on the right side allows for one side to be used for adjusting the visor down and up, away from the face or guarding the face.
- NIJ IIIA+ capable armored helmets, lighter weight and safer than the old Kevlar tactical helmets.
- Helmets use a rapid adjusting headband.
- 4 point chin straps that are fully adjustable with a leather chin grip.
- Fully adjustable memory padding that can be moved around, taken out, beaten, and still retain it's shape for years to come. Black padding can be swapped out or removed. Tan padding must remain inside for safety.
- Tactical rail system with 2 point bungee and vertical + horizontal rails.
Standard Capable of: NIJ IIIA (3A)
Visor Weight: 1.342 kg / 3 pounds
Visor Thickness: 22mm
- NIJ IIIA latest 0106.1 standard surpassed in testing. (Testing sheet QR code included with each helmet)
- Weight: 1.3 kg / 2.8 pounds
- Fits: See chart below (Head circumference measured starting above brow-line.
|S/M/L||21 - 23.5||54 - 59||7 1/4 - 7 5/8|
|L/XL/XXL||22.5 - 27||57 - 65||
7 3/8 - 8
Comfortable and functional
I ordered 2 of these helmets after a bad experience with another vendor. The sizing is very customizable so it should fit a wide variety of heads. The padding is memory foam so I keep it tight when first put on, then the foam compresses and it's comfortable. Make no mistake, the shield is heavy. It's about an inch thick, but it is ultra clear and doesn't distort vision. It has to be thick and heavy to perform it's intended task.....stopping a bullet!! The fact that everything is made in-house is also an added benefit. I love that they design, build, and retail the product. It keeps the quality standards high.
Okay firstly the pros: the helmet fits perfectly, and is super comfortable. Also, the face shield is very clear and I would have no problems seeing through it. However now for the cons: The shield sits a little bit lower than I'd like, leaving a 1 inch gap between the shield and helmet that bullets can pass through. The glass shield doesn't line up with the helmet. There is no positioning slot to nudge it up just a bit more. This kinda sucks.
Atomic Defense, LLC
Thanks for the feedback! Recapping for anyone reading this review: There were two different hinges for visors. One for the MICH style and one for the FAST style helmets. Switching the MICH hinges to FAST hinges solved the problem.
Finally got it. Thank you.
Wanted to thank customer service for their extensive support. Thanks.
1st time user, it's very nice, fits well and I believe it'll hold up as advertised, quality workmanship. With the face shield it is very heavy and will require some wearing to build up to where it'd be comfortable to wear together. Overall very pleased, good customer service.