Quick Comparison of Armor Types:
- Our Armor: Better than Kevlar. We use the more advanced, lighter, and longer lasting polyethylene. Over 10 years in the making -
- All Body Armor in General: Retains stopping power over 5 years and degrades over time.
- Body Armor Standards: You'll see things like IIIA and IV across our site. These signify the stopping power of the armor. Below is a very simplified list and explanation.
- IIIA = Stops select pistol bullets - Example: 9mm & .45
- III = Stops select rifle bullets - Example: 5.56 & 7.62
- IV = Stops select AP (Armor-Piercing) bullets - Example: .308 & 7.62 API
- More Information
- Armor Materials:
- Steel = Heavy, thin, unsafe shattering of bullet, and cheapest to make.
- Polyethylene = The lightest, a bit more expensive, longer lasting, most effective, safest. Weight for weight, 40% stronger than kevlar and more than 10 times stronger than steel.
- Kevlar = Short lifespan, lighter than steel, very low durability.
Quick Maintenance Guide:
- Safe Use: Any body armor you buy from anywhere - Use for 5 years with proper care.
- Cleaning Bullet-Proof Vests: Separate body armor from carrier. Begin by carefully scraping off large mud clumps. Use warm water and a soft brush to gently clean remaining stains (Only apply water to brush). Let air dry away from the sun. *Most of our vests are machine washable and you can skip this if there is a "Machine Washable" tag.*
- Cleaning Carrier Vests: Separate all parts. Begin with carefully scraping off large mud clumps. Use warm water and a soft brush to gently clean remaining stains. Let air dry away from the sun.
- Care of Body Armor: Do not wash. Do not leave in sunlight. Do not soak in water. Body armor isn't washable. If damaged, replace as soon as you can.
- Return Period: 30 Days
- Return Exemptions: We reserve the right to refuse a return for any reason. We usually return almost anything though.
- General Returns: Take a picture of the issue and include it in the return request. We pay return shipping if we made a mistake.
- Shipping Period: 10-15 Days inside the U.S. (Unless faster shipping is purchased.)
- Handling Period: 3 Days
- First Responder Discount: 10% discount for law enforcement, military, and first responders. Make an account and then email Responder@AtomicDefense.com with an image of your credentials for automatic discounts.
- International, State, and County Government Purchases: Please contact Gov@AtomicDefense.com if you don't already have an account.
- Not all equipment available to civilians: For access to armored vehicles, ammunition, contracts, and more - contact Gov@AtomicDefense.com
- Your Information: We don't your sell information. No exceptions.
Q: What are our plates made of?
Polyethylene (PE) and Ceramic because it provides better protection and usage. Pure polyethylene on all NIJ IIIA and lower ratings.
Q: Does our armor meet all NIJ guidelines?
Yes, all guidelines from the National Institute of Justice are always met.
Q: What is the lifespan of armor plates?
5 years, and don't let anyone tell you longer. Please do the research.
Q: Are Atomic plates multi-hit capable?
Yes, all plates are tested for a minimum of one round per NIJ standards. Though, it does depend on the type of round and type of armor.
Q: How much do your plates weigh?
They are all different. Our NIJ III plates are less than the 6+ pound standard. A lot lighter than steel plates and lighter than kevlar.
Q: Do you offer custom orders?
Yes, please contact Sales@AtomicDefense.com with your orders and questions.
Q: What is the difference between X-line coating and the cloth?
X-Line helps compress and slow the wear of the armor. Cloth does the same but less effectively.
Q: Can you private label for me or can I be a dealer Atomic?
Yes, we can private label or you can sell Atomic products and earn a 5% commission.
Q: Do you accept wire transfers?
Yes, on large orders before production. 40/60
Q: Do you sell AR500 plates?
No, we consider steel unsafe and barbaric when compared to our polyethylene.
- **Safe For Travel: No need to worry, you can travel through TSA security with our polyethylene armor.
- **Legal To Own: Civilians in the USA can own and use body armor. Consult an attorney for specific use cases.
**Consult a legal representative from your state and specific jurisdiction if you have questions regarding the legal aspects of any items listed here.
**Laws constantly change and we do not promise that you will be able to purchase our equipment tomorrow.
**US law states that you cannot wear body armor while committing a crime.
Your question not listed? Please contact Help@AtomicDefense.com