The original PEAD™ CQCM™ full-face mask
Your face is one of the most important parts of your body to protect in a combat situation, so having face armor to protect yourself is a must. A full-face bulletproof mask can make the difference in close-quarters combat. The Level IIIA full-face masks from Atomic Defense protect against close-quarters weaponry like handguns, shotguns, and knives.
- Industry-leading features: These are ballistic masks that cover the entire face, have padding on the inside, and slightly wrap around the sides of your head. They include five-point adjustable straps for an optimal fit.
- Ballistic Resistance: NIJ level IIIA+ resists .44 Magnum, 9 mm, 45 ACP, 12-gauge buckshot, and more.
- Testing procedure: We fire multiple rounds into each mask from various guns using various types of ammunition. Details below.
- Easily stops 9mm, 45 ACP, .44 Mag, .22, .380, .38, 10mm, 12 gauge, 12 gauge buckshot and so much more! + See the chart below on our website.
- PEAD (Polyethylene) fabric to yield the most comfortable shaping. Complete facial protection to keep rounds from penetrating your face.
- Upgraded Everlasting-elastic straps. Prevents loose feeling after thousands of uses.
- Padding over the entire forehead, temples, cheekbones and cheeks. This keeps your face away from bullet impacts.
- Newest version, direct from us in California! Designed for special forces around the world so you can rest easy.
- Don't buy a bulletproof mask before reading this: Other retailers' masks are not always rated and tested. Other masks risk bullet splatter and shrapnel in the user's face from partial penetration. This full-face ballistic helmet does not.
- This PEAD™ IIIA+ mask is also stabproof at certain levels. When you need this mask the most you'll likely be close quarters. Don't get another mask and risk knife penetration.
- Easy Breathe Technology. No fog and no heat build-up in the mask. Spacing with the padding separates your face from the mask.
- Paint and fabrics resist water, fire and dust.
- Anti-reflective construction prevents glares from giving away your position.
- Standard: Meets and surpasses NIJ IIIA requirements under Standard 0106.01
- Weight: 2 lbs / 0.9kg
- Size: One-size-fits-all. Full-face fit
- Material: High-density polyethylene fabric with interior padding for BFD reduction
- Color: Black
- Complies with: NIJ level IIIA under both standards 0101.06 and 0106.01
Assembled and In the Box
- Full-face ballistic mask with padding and straps
- Drawstring bag
What Face Size and Shape Does This Mask Fit?
We've sold countless masks and can count on one hand issues with it fitting. It truly is a one-size-fits-all mask because of our placement for padding and spacing away from your face.
What Can You See Out of the Mask? What Is the Field of View (FOV)?
Humans have a horizontal FOV of 120 degrees (assuming two eyes and who you ask). With the mask, FOV becomes 100-110 degrees, beating the industry standard of 90 degrees.
Can My Glasses Fit Under the Mask?
Yes, glasses can fit under the mask as long as they are thin-framed or frameless. Similar-sized glasses will also fit.
Do Bulletproof Masks Work?
Yes and no. Bulletproof masks are able to stop the bullet, but the distance they are from your face will leave damage from higher caliber impacts. If you're looking for maximum safety and visibility, a helmet and visor set might be the way to go. This gives 360-degree coverage, can safely stop more rounds, and has fewer limits to visibility.
What Makes This Ballistic Mask Different?
Our bulletproof masks cover the wearer from below the chin to the top of the forehead to stop or deflect bullets with minimal damage. Interior foam padding cushions the skin and bone while absorbing impact trauma to prevent and greatly reduce injury. A sure-fire way to not let a bullet take your head off. We test each unit against multiple firearm rounds to ensure they can take more than one hit.
In addition to their life-saving protection, full-face bulletproof masks are comfortable to wear. Polyethylene (PEAD) fabric allows the masks to shape comfortably to anyone's face. The masks' elastic straps fasten at six points for the ideal fit, and each one includes Easy Breath Technology that leaves an airflow gap in front of your face.
What Is NIJ Level IIIA+ Certification and Testing?
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) sets precise performance standards for all body armor. Any safety equipment must stop ballistic penetration at a depth no greater than 44mm. Body armor receives certification for an NIJ category based on the types of ammunition it can hold to a 44m depth and the speed at which the round travels. Atomic Defense's full-face bulletproof masks exceed requirements for Level II helmets certification under NIJ standard 0106.01.
Our masks will stop:
- Handgun rounds: These include 9mm FMJ, 45 ACP, .44 Magnum, .22LR, .380, and many more.
- Shotgun rounds: Both 12 gauge and 12 gauge buckshot.
At Atomic Defense, we test our full-face masks beyond the NIJ's requirements. Each of our masks can withstand multiple rounds without perforation or trauma per NIJ IIIA certification standards. You can find videos and paper certificates documenting all of our equipment's performance online — contact Atomic Defense to learn more.
When Would I Choose a Full-Face Mask?
A: Full-face masks are the ideal facial protection under several circumstances. Choose a face mask over a visor attachment for a helmet OR when wearing a helmet is not an option or too cumbersome.
Another thing to consider is the difference between full-face masks and our half-face masks featuring PEAD™. Full-face masks perform best without a combat helmet because they extend above the forehead. Choose the full-face option if you don't have or don't plan to wear other headgear. Purchase this NIJ Level IIIA ballistic mask today, or browse our vast selection of other bulletproof masks today!