Atomic Defense's standalone NIJ III AR-15 and AK-47 Bulletproof Armor is a hard-body security solution capable of withstanding rifle rounds. These ceramic body armor plates feature polyethylene support for additional strength against various rifle calibers from guns like the AK-47 or AR-15.
- Notable features: A curved shape that conforms to the body for high mobility when moving or firing.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ level III plates are tested to stop 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm FMJ lead core and hollow point rifle ammunition from common rifles like the AK-47 and AR-15. The plates also protect against 9mm, 10mm, .45cal, .40cal, .380, .38 Special, and lesser calibers.
- Testing procedure: Our testers go above and beyond the NIJ requirement for ballistic resistance by firing multiple 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm FMJ lead core and hollow point rounds as well as 7.62x51mm/.308.
- ERGONOMIC: Curved to match your body shape. The real ergonomic cut allows full movement and action. This plate allows for easy shouldering of a weapon, and unobstructed aiming of a pistol.
- LEGAL TRAVEL: TSA & airplane safe. Certified NIJ level 3 standalone polyethylene protection (better than IIIa or 3a) that can be used during airline travel too.
- NIJ III RATED: Complies with NIJ Level III under standard 0101.06. Blocks and stops various sniper, pistol, assault rifles, airgun rounds. Best thing to have in a life or death situation. Two plate purchase is recommended for vests and clothing to cover both front and back areas.
- BETTER THAN IIIA & KEVLAR: Stops various AR-15 with 5.56 & AK-47 with 7.62 & more, see description. Military-grade PE and ceramic mil spec plating. Tried and tested to stop multiple rounds from various weapons.
- MORE COMPACT THAN KEVLAR: 250x300x16 mm, 25x30x1.6 cm, 10x12x0.6 inches. (width x height x depth) with 2.1 Kg weight.
- This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.
- Each model contains low-visibility fabrics and paints that enable greater stealth in dark environments.
- Materials resist water, fire, dust, and extreme heat and cold.
- Ballistic resistance: Meets and exceeds level III requirements for NIJ standard 0101.06
- Weight: 4.6 pounds / 2.1kg
- Material: Military-grade PE with ceramic plating
- Sizes: Options for 10x12 carrier vests
In the Box
- NIJ level III PE ballistic plate (Equal to commercial III+ plates)
How Is This Ballistic Plate Different From the Competition?
Our ballistic plates provide industry-leading protection and mobility. While most manufacturers stop testing at the NIJ requirement, we test plates to outperform the NIJ's standards by testing them against 7.62mm FMJ, .357 SIG, .44 Magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W, and other common calibers. The compact design and ergonomic shape give you the mobility to reach safety in life-or-death situations.
What Does NIJ Level III Mean?
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) sets precise standards for bulletproof armor's performance. Bodyarmor plates fall into one of five categories depending on the types of rounds they can stop and the speed they travel. While Levels IIA, II and IIA describe soft body armor, Level III is the first type of hard body armor and the second-highest overall.
In order to achieve Level III under NIJ standard 0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor, a plate must stop a 7.62 NATO at a depth no greater than 44 mm. These bullets travel between 2,750 fps and 2,810 fps. The plate must be in a condition state at the time of the test, rather than brand new.
At Atomic Defense, our tests go beyond the requirements for NIJ Level III. We fire numerous qualifying rounds into each plate we test to verify how many it can withstand before failing. Our NIJ III AR-15 and AK-47 Bulletproof Armor will protect you through multiple hits, making it capable of saving your life under rifle fire.
Why Ceramic Body Armor Plates From Atomic Defense?
Ceramic body armor is some of the strongest available, popularizing it among police and military forces. The lightweight bulletproof material withstands rifle bullets as reliably as steel. You can insert armor plates into a carrier vest's front and back pockets and remove or change them for your needs. Armor plates also fit well in purses and other personal bags.
At Atomic Defense, we improve ceramic body armor by augmenting it with PE plastic. The combination of MIL-SPEC ceramic and PE creates armor plating that lasts through multiple shots.
How Do I Choose the Right Carrier for My Plate?
You can match your NIJ III AR-15 and AK-47 Bulletproof Armor with a plate carrier vest from Atomic Defense. Keep in mind that we carry two vest sizes for our two plate sizes. These plates fit with 10x12 carriers. A customer representative can help you understand our size options and more, so contact us online before you order.
Great quality. Fast shipping. Atomic is great.
You really can’t go wrong for the price of these plates and Atomic defense’s quality with all of the questionably cheap and unreliable products out there. Go with a known maker and make sure they’re domestic like Atomic is. They’re a Fresno CA company.
Plates arrived quickly. They were in great condition.
Another great product
Excellent craftsmanship and shipping time. This is a fantastic company - I highly recommend!
I'm very impressed with this company and with the product five stars all the way a+
Atomic Defense is fantastic. I purchased a helmet as well and it is amazing. I hope I never need the armor but its nice to have just in case. Its extremely lightweight for the protection it offers.