The Ops-Core FAST RF1, part of the FAST ballistic protective helmet family, is the newest generation of innovative head-borne protection. At an average of 3.5 lbs, it is the lightest weight helmet system to offer protection from 7.62x39mm projectiles, in addition to frag and handgun protection. The FAST RF1 integrates with Ops-Core total head-borne system solutions, including situational awareness, optics, and respiratory protection.
- Industry-leading ballistic protection against small arms threats.
- High-cut, ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene, and woven Aramid.
- High-cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital lobe without load carrier interference and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing larger headset-style communication devices to be cleared.
- High Cut Skeleton Rails offer a lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS), reducing snag hazards and interference. Integrated carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability, and reduce interference with rail-mounted accessories.
- Molded liner features a proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and the ability to doff and don the helmet without removing the headset.
- The helmet interior features an expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Sizes Available: M, L, XL, XXL
- Colors Available: Black, Tan 499, Ranger Green, Urban Gray, MultiCam
- Suspension and Retention: Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile Occ-Dial and Head-Loc Retention System
- Dominant Eye: Right
Ops-Core FAST SF - Characteristics, Coverage, & Weight:
Coverage & Weight
What's Included in the Box?
- Bump Helmet and Accessories
- Free helmet bag
- Spare padding set
- Operator's Manual
- Inspection Card
Ops-Core FAST Helmet Specifications:
Performance Specification: In accordance with Gentex PS-1368
- 2 - Grain RCC @ 6,050(ft/s)
- 4 - Grain RCC @ 5,575(ft/s)
16 - Grain RCC @ 4,625(ft/s)
- 17 - Grain FSP @ 4,400(ft/s)
- 64 - Grain RCC @ 3,150(ft/s)
Resistance to Penetration:
9mm FMJ RN @ 1,400(ft/s)
7.62 x 39mm MSC @ 2,380(ft/s)
7.62 x 51mm M80 Ball NATO FMJ @ 2,780(ft/s)
5.56mm M193 BT @ 3,250(ft/s)
Blunt Impact Protection: <150 G’s at 10 ft/s per ACH CO/PD 05-04:2007
Compression Testing: Top-Bottom = .020” (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs. (181.44 kg), SideSide = .125” (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg) per MICH Type II FQ/PD 06-35C: 2013
Environmental Resistance: Temperature -Storage and Operating at Ambient, Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C), Temperature Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Vibration, Seawater, Field Agent Resistance, Weatherometer per ACH CO/PD 05-04:2007
Shell Construction: Two-Stage Non-Slit
Available Sizes: Medium (M), Large (L), X-Large (XL), XX-Large (XXL)
Shell Thickness: 0.400” (10.16mm)
Shell Geometry (Curvature): FAST
Cut Style (Side Protection): High Cut
Shell Sizing & Coverage:
- Medium -
Head Size - 20 7/8 - 22 in (53-56cm)
Square Coverage - 137 sq. in
- Large -
Head Size - 22-23 1/4 in
Square Coverage - 148 sq. in
- X-Large -
Head Size - 23 1/4 - 24 3/8 in
Square Coverage - 163 sq. in
- XX-Large -
Head Size - 24 3/8 - 25 1/8 in
Square Coverage - 171 sq. in.
Medium - 2.41lbs
Large - 2.59lbs
X-Large - 2.86lbs
XX-Large - 3.13lbs
Medium - 3.32lbs
Large - 3.51lbs
X-Large - 3.85lbs
XX-Large - 4.11lbs