Get Protected with the Ops-Core Carbon SF: Advanced Coverage and Comfort for Rugged Operations
- Significantly more lightweight than its competitors, this bump helmet is designed for maximum comfort and protection.
- Provides extreme comfort with an advanced padding system.
- Made from a newly designed blend of carbon and fiberglass materials making it lighter and more durable than the previous model.
- Super High-Cut, FAST design that allows for compatibility with a wide variety of headsets including the Ops-Core AMPs and the Peltor ComTacs.
- Fitted with ARC rails and compatible with all standard attachments such as flashlights, lasers, etc.
Introduction the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon
The Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Composite Helmet is the perfect choice for reliable protection and comfort in low-threat environments. This durable non-ballistic helmet features a super high cut, bump shell. The shell is made from a hybrid of advanced carbon and fiberglass materials, providing superior coverage and enhanced impact protection.
The ear cut geometry is 16mm higher than FAST Carbon High Cut shells allowing for larger communication headsets. Super High Cut Skeleton Rails offer a lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
Furthermore, the lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) reduces snag hazards and interference, and carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability. The Molded Liner accommodates over-the-head communications headsets without causing any discomfort or interference when doffing or donning the helmet.
It also boasts a Vented Lux Liner featuring an expanded Polypropylene (EPP) liner. This delivers enhanced impact protection as well as additional vent holes that increase airflow and reduce heat stress. This helmet provides optimum protection at all times with right eye dominant Low Profile Occ-Dial Fitband retention
Features and Specifications of the Ops-Core SF Carbon
- The Ops-Core SF Bump is designed with a super high cut, bump shell made from a carbon and fiberglass composite.
- This Carbon High Cut helmet maximizes impact protection from blunt trauma and provides increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- The ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST Carbon High Cut shell shape. This allows for the clearance of larger communication headsets.
- Super High Cut Skeleton Rails provide a lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Super High Cut ARC shims on the Ops-Core Carbon Bump offer added accessory attachment points without occupying rail tracks.
- Lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) reduces snag hazards and interference on the Ops-Core FAST Carbon High Cut Helmet. Carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability.
- Molded liner features a recessed groove, allowing over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort. This offers the ability to doff and don the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Helmet without removing the headset.
- Vented Lux Liner features an expanded Polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection. There are also molded-in vent holes integrated within the shell to provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Compatible with FAST helmet accessories and head-borne accessories for low-threat environments.
Who is the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Composite Helmet best designed for?
- High-intensity activities such as paintball, airsoft, and other shooting sports
- Law enforcement training and SWAT operations
- Bikers, rock climbers, and other outdoor hobbyists
- Military operations in urban areas where ballistic helmets are not desired or needed
What are some common uses for the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon?
The Ops-Core FAST SF Bump is commonly used in a variety of low-threat environments for reliable protection and comfort. Its lightweight construction makes it an ideal choice for prolonged use while still providing superior protective capabilities. Finally, its adjustable fit system ensures a secure fit that won't interfere with communication headsets or other equipment.
What is included in the Box?
- Ops-Core FAST Carbon Helmet
- Free helmet bag
- Spare padding set
- Operator's Manual
- Inspection Card
How much lighter is the Ops-Core FAST SF Bump than other helmets?
The Ops-Core SF Carbon is about 50% lighter than the Ops-Core SF Ballistic helmet. Its lightweight carbon and fiberglass composite design achieves these weight savings and still delivers critical coverage.
Can civilians buy the FAST SF Carbon?
Yes, civilians are able to purchase the Ops-Core Carbon Composite SF Bump Helmet. The Super High Cut Bump Helmet is available at atomicdefense.com.
What kind of attachments can be used with the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Bump Super High Cut Helmet?
Equipped with Super High Cut ARC rails and shims it provides an ideal mounting platform for many Ops-Core helmet accessories. This can include communication headsets, flashlights, cameras, visors, infrared (IR) lights, and other essential components. The composite helmet seamlessly integrates a molded front NVG mount useful for mounting night vision goggles and other accessories.
What suspension and retention system is used in this helmet?
All these helmets are fitted with the Vented Lux Liner and an OCC Dial, guaranteeing superior comfort and fit.
What materials are used in the construction of the hybrid composite shell of the Ops-Core SF Bump?
The Ops-Core Super High Cut Bump is constructed with a hybrid composite shell that combines two lightweight and strong materials. The shell composite has two main components. It is made from layers of high-strength carbon fiber infused with self-lubricating fiberglass. This allows for superior ballistic protection and increased stability and energy absorption during impact.
The hybrid composite shell offers improved resistance to abrasion, puncturing, and bending, making it an ideal choice for low-threat environments. The combination of these materials creates a lightweight helmet that maintains its strength without sacrificing protection.
What size helmet should I choose?
You should choose a helmet size that fits you comfortably without being too tight or too loose. The best way to determine your size is to measure around the circumference of your head, just above your eyebrows.
- Medium - 20 7/8 – 22 in (53-56 cm)
- Large - 22 – 23 ¼ in (56-59 cm)
- X-Large - 23 ¼ – 24 3/8 in (59-62 cm)
- XX-Large - 24 3/8 – 25 1/8 in (62-64 cm)
How much protection against blunt impacts and compression testing does this helmet offer?
The Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Bump Super High Cut is designed to provide excellent protection from blunt impacts and compressions. This level of protection minimizes the risk of serious head injury from impacts of falling debris or hard blows. Therefore it is an excellent choice for law enforcement training and other non-combat activities.
Can I wear the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Composite Helmet and a headset at the same time?
It is absolutely possible to don an Ops-Core Maritime Bump Helmet and the headset of your choice, all at once. It also features an adjustable occipital harness to ensure that the headset remains snugly on without moving or shifting during operations. Moreover, this marvelous helmet is compatible with most aviation headsets manufactured by Bose, David Clark, and Sennheiser.
This allows for clear communication without any interference or obstruction. The Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon Composite Helmet is the perfect choice for ensuring you stay safe and connected on the mission field.